...and other oddities of the great outback

...and other oddities of the great outback
one of the smaller frogs in my toilet...

Thursday, April 29, 2010

April 26, 2010

The insurers came by camp last night. I found it kind of interesting to see. Two fellows showed up with a bottle of booze that they gave to Lee and then then got down to business. They went over a bunch of plans with Jet and a young ringer (he's 16), Nathan, then filled out the paperwork on my kitchen 'counter' aka the deep freeze. They stayed for supper (or as they call it here, tea) and then rolled out their swags and stayed the night.

Breakfast was a disaster today. I misheard the time, partly due to deafness and partly due to the fact that I don't speak Australian. I'm not sure what Jet's excuse is, since he also misunderstood the time. Anyhow, I thought it was supposed to be at 5:45 am, when in fact it was at 5:15 am. I was rather puzzled when I went to the kitchen at a little after 5:00 am and there were people sitting around in the dark outside. Needless to say, no one got poached eggs today.

And now, some pictures of the little frog who decided to camp out in my gravy pot last night.



No comments:

Post a Comment