...and other oddities of the great outback

...and other oddities of the great outback
one of the smaller frogs in my toilet...

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May 4, 2010

Not much to report today. I baked cookies, baked quiche, and made a roast.

Here's a picture of a sunrise:



Jet thinks I am very silly for taking pictures of sunrises and sunsets. He says I now live in a land of beautiful skies, and that there is no point in taking a picture of it, since there will be another just as nice the next day. I wanted to share it with you guys, though.

I suppose there was one bit of excitement, but it really had nothing to do with me at all. As I was going about my day, I couldn't help but notice that Sarah's (Lee's fiancĂ©e) car kept going back and forth down the road. Seems she was on her way into town to get her ankle looked at when she noticed someone passed out on the side of the road. It was one of the ringers from Magowra (not one of ours) -- we think she had fallen off her horse and hit her head, or else fallen off her horse due to heat exhaustion. Anyhow, Sarah drove her to the hospital, during which time she never regained consciousness. She did come to at the hospital -- Sarah said she could hear her cursing and screaming -- and was flown to Mount Isa (the next ‘big’ town) for care. Sarah never did get her ankle looked at…

2 comments:

  1. Tell Jet your mom is quite happy when you post anything -- including skies -- because it means the brown snakes haven't gotcha.

    Do real cowboys eat quiches?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. Real cowboys eat corned beef. But we have a bunch of sissy cowgirls in camp who don't like corned beef.

    ReplyDelete